Many Paths to a Career You Love
In addition to world-class faculty, USM students have access to a community of USM alumni and parents who are happy to share their insights and experiences with students. Several of them recently spoke to Upper School students and young alumni about their career paths, and they also shared advice and answered questions. Held over many months, each discussion highlighted a different vocation: engineering, technology, arts, finance, medicine, and communication. Although the careers varied widely, panelists noted that an individual’s work ethic, resiliency, and self awareness are among the biggest indicators of professional and personal success. The series was hosted by USM’s College Guidance office, Alumni office, and Internship and Shadowing program.
- Dr. Louella Amos ’95, associate professor of pediatrics at Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, and Chief of Department of Medicine at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Dr. Ryan Khanna ’08, senior neurosurgery resident at Rush University Medical Center
- Dr. Navjot (Joe) Kohli, practicing orthopedic surgeon, founder and president of [m]pirik, and parent of USM students
- Scott Lurie, owner of F Street Group, principal at Jomela Properties, and parent of USM students
- Michael Sheppard, managing partner and founder, IronwoodDrive Financial Group, and parent of USM students
- Tom Ulricson ’11, associate at Waud Capital Partners
- John Scheinfeld ’71, screenwriter, director, and producer at Crewneck Productions
- Lindsay Stevens ’89, founder and executive director, Rock the Green and parent of USM students
- Joy Vertz, founder and owner of Shoot the Moon Photography, and parent of USM students
- Colin Boyd, vice president and chief information officer at Komatsu Mining Corp.
- Nikki Sweeney, USM’s former director of innovation and technology
- Jon Shoop, USM’s Upper School math teacher, Upper School innovation teacher, and parent of a USM student
- Robert Juranitch, Upper School science teacher, Upper School computer science teacher, and parent of USM students
- Andy Nerbun, director of engineering new product development at DRS power and control technologies and parent of current USM students
- David Routier ’14, associate RF microwave design engineer at Northrop Grumman
- Meredith Short ’15, technical solutions engineer at Epic
- Marcia Slater Johnston MUS’60, award-winning freelance journalist
- Angela Pittman Taylor ’96, public relations manager at Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Kelly Wabiszewski ’01, brand consultant and strategic marketing specialist