The opportunity to participate in athletics is an important part of the University School of Milwaukee student experience—especially in the Upper School, where more than 90% of students typically participate in at least one sport each year. USM worked hard to be able to continue to safely offer athletic opportunities for Middle School and Upper School students during the 2020–21 school year.
Middle School fall and winter sports were moved to an intramural-only model to limit interaction with students at other schools, while spring sports are being offered. Although the start of the Upper School fall sports season was delayed, USM chose to keep its fall sports in the fall, rather that move to a new interim spring season, and all seven fall sports were able to hold competitions. All winter sports were able to complete their seasons, and spring sports are now in session.
The following guidelines will be updated as the school move from one phase to the next. Please note that some athletics facilities may be in different phases based on current capacity and social distancing guidelines.
- What is the current status of Upper School athletics?
- If an Upper School student was using distance learning, was he/she still able to participate in athletics?
- What is the current status of Middle School athletics?
- Are spectators allowed at games?
- Are students allowed to use locker rooms for athletic purposes?