For the end of the school year, the testing site will continue regular hours through the last day of school on Wednesday, June 8 (both mornings, 7–8:15 a.m., and afternoons, 2–3:45 p.m., on all school days). On Thursday, June 9, and Friday, June 10, testing will only be offered during the morning hours. The testing site will be open on weekdays during the summer, starting Monday, June 13. The summer hours are 8 to 9:45 a.m. (no afternoon testing).
USM is again offering a testing site in the transportation building on campus (R on the campus map). All USM students and employees can receive optional testing at no charge to families or individuals. Similar to last school year, students and employees coming in for the free tests will first be given a rapid antigen test, with results available in about 15 minutes. A positive result for that rapid antigen test would typically then lead to a PCR test being done, with those results available in about 24 hours.
Other individuals in the USM community (students' and employees' relatives, as well as alumni and parents of alumni) are also still welcome to use the USM testing site. The cost will be $65 for a rapid antigen test or $149 for a rapid PCR test, paid directly on-site via credit or debit card directly to USM's testing partner, Novir, which also conducted all of the school's testing during the 2020–21 school year.
- What are USM's COVID-19 testing site hours?
- Do I need to make an appointment or do anything in advance for a COVID-19 test at USM?
- Is there a fee for COVID-19 testing at USM's on-campus testing site?
- Where is USM's COVID-19 testing site located?
- What other local testing sites are available?
- Will USM be conducting required school-wide testing of students and employees?